Wednesday, February 18

Missing: One Escaped Creativity

It's a tragedy really. I forgot to lock my window one night, and when I woke up in the morning, he was gone.

My creativity has run away, and I'm currently trying to run him down and bring him back. I don't necessarily blame him...I am facing the prospect of several hours of free time this week in which I hoped to exercise him every moment. I don't think he likes to work very hard, which could be why he bolted. Right when I need him most

So anyway, I'm on the hunt for my creativity. Word has it he was seen almost perishing of malnutrition in mid-Nebraska, was rescued, and said that he was hitchhiking to Chicago. Occasionally he sends me postcards (no return address), with very unhelpful large ideas on them. He hates coming up with simple ideas--which is what I needed him to do. He's also mad at me because I lost the Patrick Henry short story contest, and to add insult to injury I told him that the winners' ideas were better than his anyway. So now he's gone and he refuses to come back. I must admit, I'm starting to miss him. The next step is to try luring him home with some music or a good book--or maybe some chocolate.

If you happen to see him, please try to apprehend him and let me know. He answers to "Bill", and you can keep him in a shoebox. Feed him a couple of good movies a day and he should stay perfectly healthy until I can come and pick him up. Be warned: he likes to talk a lot--and most of it is nonsense. Just ignore him, and you should do fine. There may even be a reward for whoever finds him. If you live too far away, you can ship him to Colorado (no need to pay extra for first class). Just make sure you poke some airholes in the lid.

1 comment:

Debra Bell said...

Ahh -- now that's a post I'll remember.