So I took the PSAT's on Wednesday and came across two words I didn't know (I think I got the question wrong because of them...grrr...) But now I'll know them for next time...
Demagogue -- a leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace
Prognosticator -- someone who makes predictions of the future
Besides this, I have a couple of writing projects on my plate. Before the end of October, I hope to finish and send off an essay for the HSLDA essay contest. Then in November I could enter the Patrick Henry short story contest, which would be fun if I can think of a plot. I'm also working on writing some monologues to maybe record when they are polished. We'll see if I ever get any of this stuff done!
I'm also working intensively on trying to narrow down my list of prospective colleges. I spent about two hours this weekend writing stuff down, then deleted it all by accident. So I'm going to have to restart that later this week. I'm planning to start with my top ten colleges and, with some helpful direction from my mom and God, see which ones really fit what I want and value in a college.
Whew...busy times...
Monday, October 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment