Saturday, October 4

A Dialogue

Well, this has been quite a week, and I hadn't even realized how I was neglecting my little blog. So I thought I'd better get on here before he dies of malnourishment. Anyway, I've been working so much on my synthesis essay that I haven't really had time to formulate any original thoughts. I'm reading an interesting book that I'll probably post on when I'm done...and I have some interesting thoughts on life in general that are starting to formulate...but at the moment, I'm going to be quite unoriginal and post something I wrote several months ago, but which I still enjoy going back and reading sometimes. I guess it would be called a poem...I mean, that's what I've been calling it. But it really turned into something more like a dialogue between two imaginary people laid out in a strange way. Mainly because I can't write poetry worth anything. And no, it doesn't rhyme. It came out after I read Psalm 15, actually, so it makes more sense if you read that first. If you don't feel like going and getting your Bible out, here it is:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%2015&version=31

And here is the pseudo-poem-dialogue-thingamajigger...p.s. You've got to read the lines back and forth, not one column and then the other...

Psalm 15 Response:

"Hail, my teacher."
"Who passes?"
"One who seeks truth."
"God's truth or man's?"
"Only one of those is true."
"Ask away."
"There is a Sanctuary."
"Yes."
"There is a Holy Hill."
"Yes."
"Why may reach them? Why may climb?"
"There is a plan for building foundations."
"A plan? A foundation?"
"Without a path, you will never climb the hill."
"I build the path?"
"According to the Lord's plan."
"Ok, I'm ready to begin."
"Brick 1: righteousness."
"Ah, righteous deeds. Alright."
"Brick 2: truth."
"In heart as in speech. I see."
"Brick 3: honesty."
"Alright, well. Not lying."
"Brick 4: kindness."
"Yes, to all my neighbors."
"Brick 5: courtesy."
"True, for we are all men together."
"Brick 6: purity."
"Hating evil, yes, and now I..."
"Brick 7: reverence."
"Oh...um, among Christians."
"Brick 8: reliability."
"Whew...even when it costs. Now I..."
"Brick 9: generosity."
"Yes...but...can we review the first..."
"Brick 10: integrity."
"No more! I can't keep up!"
"Or-"
"Or?"
"There is one other way."
"Besides building my own way?"
"Another can build it for you."
"Who? Who would--who could?"
"Christ alone."
"Teacher--tell me something."
"Hmmm?"
"Has anyone ever made it up the hill by any road other than Christ's?"
"No."
"Never? I thought so."
"You thought wisely. Never."
"Well, then there's only one thing to say."
"What?"
"Amen for Christ."
"Amen."
THE END
I repeat: amen for Christ! I never stop needing to be reminded of this...

No comments: